top of page



  • Where are we located?
    We are located approximately 8 km north west of downtown Brisbane. It takes about 15 minutes to drive into the city by car. We are a short 7 minute walk walk to our nearest train station that can take you to the city and just about anywhere else in the region. It is about a 15 minute walk to our nearest shopping centre. There is a small shopping precinct just near the train station that has coffee shops, a convenience store, eateries, a bakery, and a pharmacy amongst other things.
  • How far away are we from the beach?
    Australia has some of the most beautiful beaches in the world. The beaches are easily accessible both up and down the coast with the Sunshine Coast, Redcliffe or Bribie Island to the north of us, and the Gold Coast and Byron Bay to the south of us. Most areas you can get to within an hour or so by car. If you take the train it will take about 2 hours to the Gold and Sunshine Coast.
  • What is the weather like?
    Brisbane is a sub-tropical climate with warm, muggy summers and clear, sharp winters. Normal summer days are around 32°C (89°F) and nights are around 25°C (77°F) with frequent afternoon thundershowers. It is known to have even warmer temperatures throughout the summer as well. December to February -- Summer: 21 - 29.8°C (69.8 - 85.6°F) March to May -- Fall/Autumn: 15 - 25°C (59 - 77°F) June to August -- Winter: 11 - 21°C (51.8 - 69.8°F) September to November -- Spring: 15 - 25°C (59 - 77°F). Normal winter temperatures often get cooler at night. Please note, however, that most people coming from the colder climates mistakenly assume they will feel quite pleasant during the winter months. Our buildings do not have central heating in them and are old and draughty. Please be sure to bring warm enough bedding and warm clothing.
bottom of page